For our testing we will be using the following procedures and parameters to acquire the necessary data:
- Thermal compound used is Arctic Silver 5
- Idle temperatures are recorded after the system has been allowed to idle for thirty minutes from the point Windows has finished loading.
- Load temperatures are recorded by running OCCT for twenty minutes on all available threads.
- Real Temp is used for the recording of all temperature sensor reading.
- PWM function is disabled via BIOS to allow the fans to run at full speed.
- CPU model and overclock speed used for testing are outlined below in "Test Hardware".
- Each cooler is first tested with fan(s) supplied from the manufacturer.
1. ASUS X79 Deluxe Motherboard
2. Intel Core i7 3930K Processor Overclocked to 4.5GHz at 1.35V
3. Kingston HyperX 1866 DDR3 16GB
4. Kingston V+ 200 120GB Solid State Drive
5. ASUS BC12B1LT BD-Rom Drive
6. Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler
7. Microcool Banchetto 101 Open Air Test Bench
8. Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 850W Power Supply
9. ASUS Nvidia GTX 560Ti 448 Graphic Card