For our testing we will be using the following procedures and parameters to acquire the necessary data:
- Thermal compound used is Arctic Silver 5
- Idle temperatures are recorded after the system has been allowed to idle for thirty minutes from the point Windows has finished loading.
- Load temperatures are recorded by running OCCT for twenty minutes on all available threads.
- Real Temp is used for the recording of all temperature sensor reading.
- PWM function is disabled via BIOS to allow the fans to run at full speed.
- CPU model and overclock speed used for testing are outlined below in "Test Hardware".
- Each cooler is first tested with one fan supplied from the manufacturer.
- Each cooler is then tested again with a second fan attached if provided by the manufacturer.
1. ASUS X79 Deluxe Motherboard
2. Intel Core i7 3930K Processor (OC setting: 4.3GHz @ 1.35v)
3. Kingston HyperX 1866 DDR3 16GB
4. Kingston V+ 200 120GB Solid State Drive
5. ASUS BC12B1LT BD-Rom Drive
6. Thermaltake Frio Extreme CPU Cooler
7. Cooler Master HAF XB
8. Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 850W Power Supply
9. ASUS Nvidia GTX 560Ti 448 Graphic Card