Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
TDub
Administrator
TDub's Rig Specs

TDub is on a distinguished road
Default ENERMAX is proud to announce the GALAXY EVO

City of Industry, April 17th 2009.
ENERMAX is proud to announce the availability of “GALAXY EVO”, as its newest PSU series.

GALAXY EVO is complementing the recently launched and all-records breaking REVOLUTION85+ series as an 82 PLUS certified version. Especially for 115VAC countries, users will be delighted to have a 1250W model available empowering the utmost possible hardware configurations.

While the efficiency is 83-88% @ 115VAC & 85-89% @ 230VAC for all models at 20-100% load, GALAXY EVO sports all of the features and specifications like its sister series, REVOLUTION85+, which have set the standard of PSU design for the next-generation:

Mind-boggling & unmatched 12 + 24 (CPU/GPU + Drives) connector support gives the absolute maximum possible of connectivity & versatility*, while a 99% 12V output capability maximizes their power support. Besides complying already to the upcoming EPS12V PSU Design Guide, especially the ZERO LOAD Design maximizes compatibility with future new CPU’s or GPU’s or their new features like C6 state or Hybrid Modes.

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=181
Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
tanka1234567
's Rig Specs

This looks like a great PSU! Enermax really are at the forefront of PSU technology and innovation. If only they were priced more competitively.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Cooper
's Rig Specs

Default Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Review

Quote:
Enermax took what was already a spectacular platform and made it more spectacular with the Evo Galaxy 1250W. This will be the only model in this line to be sold in North America, as Enermax intends it to be the top end to the Revolution 85+ line on this continent. While the efficiency on this unit isn't quite as good, at up to 89% it's not really worth complaining about. Especially in something this powerful. If you want efficiency and don't need 104A of 12V capacity, there's always the Revolution 85+ models.

Full Review
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
TDub
Administrator
TDub's Rig Specs

TDub is on a distinguished road
Default Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W PSU

Quote:
Shortly after I completed my review of the Enermax Revolution 85+, the folks at Enermax asked me a simple question: would I like to have a look at a 1250W unit from a new line intended to make up for the absence of a Revolution 85+ 1250W model in the North American market?
Naturally, I said yes. They then sent me the 80 Plus Bronze certified Galaxy Evo 1250W. Come on in and read all about it.
Link to review